The PlayStation 4 system opens the door to an incredible journey through immersive new gaming worlds and a deeply connected gaming community. Sony Introduced Remote Play for PS3 and PS4 .Remote Play is a feature of Sony video game consoles that allows the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 to transmit its video and audio output to a PlayStation Portable or PlayStation Vita.
Sony Remote Play doesn’t emulate the game on the PC platform, but it streams your PS4 games to the Windows, Mac, and Android device. That simply means that you can directly play all PS4 games on your computer screen with DualShock 4 controller.
If you have a PS4 and Windows computer, then the streaming process could be straightforward, but it does require some setup. So, in this article, we are going to share some of the best methods to use PS4 Remote Play to stream your games to other devices.
Below steps will guide you to easily play PS4 games on your PC.
NOTE: You should have to use latest version of PS4 Remote Play. You can see the latest version by navigating https://remoteplay.dl.playstation.net/remoteplay/lang/gb/index.html .
You’ll need the following to use (PS4 Remote Play).
- PS4™ system*
- DUALSHOCK™4 wireless controller
- USB cable or DUALSHOCK™4 USB
By using a wireless adaptor, you can use the controller wirelessly.
- Account for PlayStation™Network
- High-speed Internet connection for best performance, we recommend a high-speed connection with upload and download speeds of at least 15 Mbps.
To use voice chat, you’ll need a microphone. You can use your computer’s built-in microphone if you’d like.
- A computer with either of the following
- Windows 8.1 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Intel® Core™ i5-560M Processor 2.67 GHz or faster
- Intel Core i5-2450M Processor 2.50 GHz or
When setting [Video Quality for Remote Play] > [Resolution] to [Best (1080p)] and [Frame Rate] to [High] on a PS4™ system (CUH-7000 series).
- 100 MB or more of available storage
- 2 GB or more of RAM
- 1024 × 768 or higher display resolution
- Sound card
- USB port
- A computer with any of the following operating systems.
- macOS High Sierra
- macOS Mojave
- Intel Core i5-520M Processor 2.40 GHz or faster
- 40 MB or more of available storage
- 2 GB or more of RAM
- USB port
Installing the application
- Click one of the links below to download the installation file for (PS4 Remote Play).
Save the file to your desktop or other location.
- Run the
An installation dialog box appears. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the application.
During the installation, you might see a request to download additional software that’s needed to use (PS4 Remote Play). To download this software, follow the on-screen instructions.
Setting up your PS4™ system
Before using this application, you’ll need to do the following on your PS4™ system.
- Enable Remote Play. Select (Settings) > [Remote Play Connection Settings], and then select the checkbox for [Enable Remote Play].
- Activate the system as your primary PS4™ system. Select (Settings) > [Account Management] > [Activate as Your Primary PS4] > [Activate].
- To start Remote Play while your PS4™ system is in rest mode, select (Settings) > [Power Saving Settings] > [Set Features Available in Rest Mode]. Then select the checkboxes for [Stay Connected to the Internet] and [Enable Turning On of PS4 from Network].
- Turn on your PS4™ system or put it into rest mode.
- Connect a controller to your computer with a USB cable, or pair it using a DUALSHOCK™4 USB wireless adaptor.
- Launch (PS4 Remote Play) on your computer, and then click [Start].
- Sign in with your account for PlayStation™Network.
- You’ll need to pair your PS4™ system and computer manually if you haven’t activated your PS4™ system as your primary system, or if this application can’t find your PS4™ system. Connect your computer and PS4™ system over the same network, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Some games do not support Remote Play.
- For details on audio input and output during Remote Play, visit the customer support website for your country or region.